Welcome! My name is Samantha and I am one of Mrs. Yollis' students. My hobbies are reading, playing the piano, rainbow looming, and doing art projects. My favorite author right now is Judy Blume because the main characters are hilarious. I also love to travel with my family. My favorite place to visit so far is Hawaii because I like the Aulani ( aow-lan e) hotel there. Last summer we went to New York City and Washington D.C. In Washington D.C., I saw the White House, the Capitol, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Washington Monument. In New York I saw the Statue of Liberty, a Broadway show which was Annie, and the biggest M&M store. Out of all those things I liked Annie the most because I love to sing and dance.
My favorite sport at the moment is soccer, but league does not
start again until the fall. My sister Abby also plays soccer and we were once
on the same team. I also like to ski
when I go to Mammoth. We usually go with my mom’s friends from college and all
the kids get to stay in the same room. This year was my first time going on the
ski lifts and down the big hill. I also like to swim and am looking forward to
swimming with my friends and family this summer.
Where
is your favorite place to visit on an airplane?
If you have not been on an airplane, where is your favorite place to
drive?
Dear Samantha,
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I love your template, and I that picture from Hawaii is gorgeous! As you know, I am a big fan of Hawaii. We've had several Step-up to Writing conversations about it! :-)
If you can believe it, I have never been to our nation's capital, Washington, D.C. It is a place I have longed to visit, but have never had the opportunity. I would love to see a post about some of your favorite spots in Washington, D.C. You can use World Book Online to gather facts.
I usually travel to Minnesota every summer on an airplane. This year, we will be driving with Buck. I think he is really going to love the lake we stay at.
Do you have any pets?
Your proud teacher,
Mrs. Y♥llis
Dear Mrs. Yollis,
DeleteI have a pet fish named Jewel and she is a Beta with blue, purple, turquoise, and pink colors. I wish I could get a pet dog or cat. When I pass pet stores, I see homeless dogs and cats.
I love animals like armadillos, bees, butterflies, cats, cheetahs, dogs, dolphins, ducks, elephants, fish, giraffes, horses, iguanas, jaguars, kangaroos, lions, monkeys, otters, peacocks, rabbits, seals, tigers, and whales.
What order did I put the animals in?
Your student,
Samantha
Dear Samantha,
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you! You've done a wonderful job on the blog and it looks amazing. You have grown so much this year and I can't wait to see what's next... Keep up the great work.
As you know, I travel to many places for work. Most of the destinations do require a plane ride. I enjoy going to New York. There are many things to see and the energy of the city is exciting. My favorite things to do is walking and exploring. This allows me to be adventurous and try new restaurants.
What city would you like to go to next?
I love you!
Your Dad...
Dear Samantha's dad,
DeleteSydney wants to go to New York City, she also wants to visit the Empire State Building there. Samantha also wants to New York City, and wants to see the Statue of Liberty up close.
What was your favorite restaurant?
From Samantha and Sydney
Hello Sydney and Samantha.
DeleteWell, I haven't been to the Empire State Building or have gone into the Statue of Liberty since I was in the 8th Grade. I would love to go up to the top and see the incredible view of the city. I will have to do it next time. As for my favorite places to eat in the city, I really enjoy the simple foods. My favorite pizza place is called Pateria in Time Square. Also, the Halal Guys have an incredible Chicken/Lamb Combo Rice plate. They are a street cart vendor, but the food is incredible!
What are your favorite places and types of food to eat?
From
Samantha's Dad.
Dear Samantha,
ReplyDeleteI loved that picture that you put on the top of the post. I really want to go to the hotel in Hawaii, but I have gotten the chance yet. I do go to Hawaii a lot, but only stay at the Marriott.
I have been to the M&M store in New York and my great grandmother's caregiver has been to the one in Las Vegas. She brought me back and red M&M t-shirt, and my sister a yellow M&M shirt.
How were you on the same team in soccer?
Sincerely,
Bryce
Dear Bryce,
DeleteMy sister and I are on the same soccer team because we are in a spring league, and they group kids randomly. In the fall I will bump up a level and we will be on different teams.
In Hawaii my favorite food is a malasada, which is a doughnut covered with powdered sugar. I also like shave ice, and my favorite combination is blue raspberry, strawberry, and lemon which are also primary colors. My parents like to eat plate lunches which have rice, meat, and macaroni salad.
What was your favorite food in Hawaii?
From,
Samantha
Hi Samantha,
ReplyDeleteMy favorite place is Maui!:) I like the water slide the most. We also went to the twin falls but we didn't go under it because my dad didn't have the right cloths. We mostly went swimming and we took snuba lessons and snorkeling lessons too.
What was your favorite thing to do in Hawaii?
Love, karissa
Dear Karissa,
DeleteMy favorite thing to do in Hawaii is going down the Lazy River. The Lazy River is a river in the Aulani that goes in a circle. You sit in a tube and I sat in a double tube with my dad. One time I went on the tube with my dad and the tunnel had waterfalls that were coming down, and I fell right through the hoop because the waterfall pushed me through the hoop!
Did you like snuba lessons or snorkeling lessons better?
Love Samantha
Hi Samantha,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing about your favorite trips. You are very fortunate to have gone to so many fun places. I also like to visit Hawaii. In fact, a couple months ago Lynnae and I took our daughter Lillian (14 months) to Oahu. It was Lillian's first plane ride so we didn't know if she was going to be excited or scared. Fortunately, she had a blast on the plane ride and kept standing on our laps to say "hi" to the passengers sitting behind us.
Do you remember where you went on your first plane ride and if you were excited or scared?
Sincerely,
Dean
(Samantha's mother's cousin)
Hi Samantha,
ReplyDeleteI love to go to Hawaii. If I could spend the whole summer there, I would snorkel in the clean, clear water and eat shave ice everyday. Maybe we can snorkel together if our families went on a trip together. I love the food there too.
From,
your cousin Nathan
Dear Nathan,
DeleteI also want to go to Hawaii with you and your family. I have never snorkeled before because I don’t like going deep in the ocean. I would love to eat shave ice everyday. My favorite foods in Hawaii are spam musubi and saimin which is noodles.
What is your favorite food in Hawaii?
Your cousin,
Samantha