Out of all the things I did in
Georgia, I have three favorite activities. First of all, I loved the Atlanta Aquarium.
I liked the aquarium because I got to see four giant whale sharks, and I also
got to touch a beautiful stingray, it felt like soft rubber. I had a chance to
touch a scary hammerhead shark but I didn’t touch it because it was too scary. I
also cherished seeing the stingrays doing incredible flips constantly. Next, I
went to the Coca Cola Museum, which was interesting. I liked the museum because
I got to try all different kinds of Coca Colas from around the world. We didn’t
get to try all of them however, because we had to go and they were closing them
one by one. On the way out you could get a Coca Cola in a clear bottle with coke
inside. Last, I lit many loud fireworks with my friends. My friend’s dad went
out and bought a bunch of packs of fireworks. Their neighbors also lit
fireworks but theirs went super high. As you can see by all the fun things I
did, I had a blast in Georgia.
What
did you do this summer?
+(1).jpg)
Hi Samantha,
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to write in your blog for the first time. Speaking of first time experiences, my summer vacation was spent flying to Maui on an airplane for the first time. I was so excited to go on an airplane and take off. Once we were up in the sky, I realized it wasn't as fun to be on airplane for about 5 hours. As soon as we got to Maui, we were ready to jump into the swimming pool. The hotel we stayed at provided free snorkeling and snuba lessons. So on our first day there, we started our day learning how to snorkel and snuba right afterwards for the first time. I love snuba more than snorkeling because you get to go down below and breathe underwater for a long time, but snorkeling you have to stay up above the water to get air in. We also got to go under waterfalls which was so much fun because it felt like rain falling on my head. My favorite part of the swimming pool was the long waterslide. When you first go in, it's really dark. There all kinds of twists and turns, then towards the end when you see light, you will know that you are about to go in the water that's 9 feet deep.
Our family also got to visit a fun hike down to a big blowhole called Nakalele Point in Maui. The blowhole is like a geyser where water gushes out except it comes from the ocean. First we had to take a hike down the rocks which took awhile. Then when we reached the bottom near the blowhole, we stood close enough to get splashed by the water gushing out. We had to be careful not to get so close because there was someone who actually got sucked into the blowhole and died a long time ago. But I was safe and had a fun time getting wet.
This was my best summer vacation ever.
Love, Mikayla Y
Dear Mikayla,
DeleteYou are a great blogger. Your comment at the top was amazing.
I agree that once you get on an airplane its fun and when you are in the air its boring. When I went to Hawaii, I got to go down to the beach. We stayed in a beach house ,and our backyard had a couple of stairs that led to the beach.
What was your favorite adventure that you did in Hawaii?
Love,
Samantha
Hi Samantha,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job on this blog! Your entries are well written, the format is streamlined and the photos are beautiful.
Atlanta is such a great city. My sister used to live in Huntsville, Alabama and I had the opportunity to go to Atlanta when I visited her. We also went to the Coca Cola Museum and enjoyed tasting the different cokes from around the world. It is interesting that people's food preferences around the world vary so much that a company like Coca Cola, would change their product to appeal to the people of each country. It was also fun to sample the cokes and decide which country's "coca cola" tasted good and which ones didn't taste so good. :)
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
-Lynnae O.